How come some files come up in jiberish in Codewright but display fine in Notepad?
John Finkell
2007-05-01 15:46:25 UTC
For instance I have an XML based plot configuration file which displays
just fine in Notepad but not in Codewright. I have had similar problems
with certain INI files, etc. I am using Codewright 6.5a. Are there
additional DLL libraries or parsers that I need to load? Refer to
borland.public.attachments, news://newsgroups.borland.com:119/***@newsgroups.borland.com, for
reference images under same heading.

Please advise, thanks,

John
Joseph K
2007-05-02 08:35:20 UTC
On Tue, 01 May 2007 11:46:25 -0400,
Post by John Finkell
For instance I have an XML based plot configuration file which displays
just fine in Notepad but not in Codewright. I have had similar problems
with certain INI files, etc. I am using Codewright 6.5a. Are there
additional DLL libraries or parsers that I need to load? Refer to
reference images under same heading.
It would appear to be a unicode file. Some things to check:

Drop the display mode into hex mode and see if the beginning of the
file contains the correct unicode BOM.

See if /file/reload loads correctly.

If the file was opened by passing the filename on the command line
(for example, from Explorer's right-click menu, or double-click) try
closing the file and reopening it with Codewright's /file/open dialog
box.

7.x handles unicode files fine; I don't remember how far back the
support goes.
--
Joseph K